Thursday 8 May 2014

Andres Serrano



Andres Serrano is an American photographer and artist who has become notorious through his photos of corpses and his use of feces and bodily fluids in his work, notably his controversial work "Piss Christ", a red-tinged photograph of a crucifix submerged in a glass container of what was purported to be the artist's own urine.- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andres_Serrano

This is a photo that at I first glance I would like a lot, I think the colours of the photo are really nice, the textures across the image make the photos seem more than just a photo where the light has been edited, it give it more depth. But even while writing I feel uncomfortable saying that I like the photo because it is a photo of urine.


File:Piss Christ by Serrano Andres (1987).jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment