Thursday 8 May 2014

Francesca Woodman

To me this group of photos shows the connection between a person and their home. In all of them it shows how the people seem to be fusing or at least trying their hardest to be part of the house and the aspects in it. I like how surreal these photos are but seem to come from a simple idea like wanting your home to reflect yourself in a way... maybe ?




This shows really well what I said about the person trying become a part of their house, they are wrapping the wallpaper around them to try and perhaps hide and become a part of the wall.




This is the first photo that I had ever seen of hers. When I first saw it I spent a while thinking about how she got the burn mark so realistic but I assume it it by using paint that has been watered down or charcoal. The main reason that I like this photo is because I like the idea that when you have been in a house for so long you are going to leave behind something to let people in the future know you were there whether it is intentional or not.





No comments:

Post a Comment