Thursday 8 May 2014

London 24th April 2014

This was my first time to ever to London! 
And I really enjoyed it. It was nice to be there after so long of wanting to go, I loved the galleries that we managed to get to and the fact that there was so so much to see.

The first place we went was the Tate Modern....



















One problem that I always find in galleries is trying not to catch my reflection in photo frames or sculptures that are reflective, but after getting a decent photo of this sculptures I then played around with the small square mirrors and my stripped trousers.
















For this piece there was a square around the outside that said do no cross but it was at such a distance you could not see what was inside the box (unless you were really tall) which I thought was a pretty interesting concept. So rather than not knowing the 'mystery' of what was inside the box I held my camera high and took a photo of the inside.













In one of Eva's lectures we were looking at people who use other's work as their own by altering them, like layering a set of photos on top of one another and creating a new images. When I saw these sculptures I thought that I could do something similar by just taking an angled shot to make an 'abstract' photo....



.....Although I didn't really plan on doing this properly, these two photos are just quick examples of what I could of done, maybe layering the images over each other and seriously changing the contrast and making them black and white would be a perfect way of using existing work and making something new.....

















This painting reminded me of Mark Rothko...its may look like a simple and easy
painting but to get the lines the exact same would of very difficult to do.






After leaving the gallery we went for a walk around London and came across Ben Wilson, better known as the Chewing Gum Man. He paints on gum that has been spat on the ground, once it has been stood on enough and is no longer sticky he paints on them creating little pieces of art.




A few weeks previous to going to London a friend had asked if I had been and had any London photos, after telling her that I didn't but I was going, she proceeded to tell me that she was setting up a Polish/English translation business and needed some 'English/London' photos to advertise so by going to London this gave me the chance to help her out.

No comments:

Post a Comment