Thursday 8 May 2014

Elisa lazo de valdez photography







Add caption







I found these photos on Tumblr a while ago and they are maybe my favourite ever photos. Everything about them to me is perfect. I was thinking about perhaps trying to do my own version of them for my personal project but I don't think that I would be able to do something similar without completely copying them which is not what I want to do. The really pale skin again a solid black background has the kind of consuming feel to it when you see the shadows on the body, as if the darkness was taking over, this is supported by the octopus tentacles being wrapped around the different parts of the body and if they were trying to hold on and keep/consume. They grey/lilac tones gives a very cold feel, but compared to the pale skin and the background they give a tiny hint of warmth in a strange way, but as moisture can be see from the tentacles it more supports the cold moist feel of the photo. I like in the top photos how the tentacles have wrapped in a spiral almost looking as if they were a piece of clothing or body jewellery.

No comments:

Post a Comment