Thursday 8 May 2014

Gregory Crewdson

Gregory Crewdson is probably my favourite photographer. I have written about him a lot in my visual diary. The main reason that I love his work so much is because he puts so much time, energy and commitment into his work. In a lecture we watched a video on his methods of working and it was a lot more complex and time consuming than I could of imagined. I figured that he would have had to have people help him and a lot of expensive equipment but he there is so much more than that. I feel foolish for thinking this now but when I first looked at his photos I didn't really like that much editing went into them but after seeing the editing process I was really surprised to see how he was unhappy for the most part about how the photos had been taken and had to edit them so much to get what he wanted.







No comments:

Post a Comment